Episode 1: An International Conversation
In this episode the Eduro Learning Advisory Board gets together to chat about technology and education. This time we talk about social media: what is it that makes these tools so powerful, and how do they look different based on your cultural context.
- Which apps are popular in your region of the world?
- How does this represent the culture where you are?
- What connects all of these? What is similar?
- What is the purpose behind social media?
- How do people use these different tools?
Your host, Kim Cofino was joined today by Chrissy Hellyer, and Advisory Board members Pana Asavavatana, Clint Hamada, Ben Sheridan, Keri-lee Beasley, Rebekah Madrid and Brian Lockwood.
- Note to Self podcast Episode: Go Ahead. Miss Out (from Kim)
- Smarter Than You Think by Clive Thompson from Pana
- KQED article from Keri-Lee
- Rockit TV: Tough Talk on Real Topics (from Keri-Lee)
- Hackathons for students (from Brian)
- Rhett & Link on Youtube (from Rebekah) – fascinating to see how professional even “stupid YT” is & how they build community
- Rethinking Readiness: Deeper Learning for College Work & Life (from Ben)